Do you know that dental health affects your overall well-being? You might not have given much of a thought to his question, but to state in simple terms, yes it does.
Oral health is a leading indicator of general health, happiness, and life quality. Are you wondering how is it even possible? I can understand the confusion this fact can create but whether you believe it or not, this is a hard-pressed reality.
Dental caries, periodontal (gum) disease, tooth loss, oral cancer, and birth abnormalities are among the diseases and ailments that can occur due to a lack of proper dental oral care.
What is the relationship between oral hygiene and overall health?
Your mouth, like other parts of your body, is teeming with germs, most of which are harmless. However, because your mouth is the gateway to your digestive and respiratory systems, some of these bacteria can cause illness.
Bacteria are normally kept under control by the body’s natural defenses and regular oral health care, such as frequent brushing and flossing. If you do not follow adequate dental hygiene, bacteria can build up to the point where they cause oral infections including tooth decay and gum disease.
What are some of the conditions that are linked to oral health?
Your dental health could have a role in several diseases and ailments, including:
Endocarditis: Endocarditis is an infection of the inner lining of your heart’s chambers and valves that can be fatal (endocardium). If not taken proper care of, the harmful bacteria in your mouth can travel and cause infection to the lining of your heart.
Cardiovascular disease: Some evidence suggests that oral bacteria might induce inflammation and infections, which can lead to heart disease, clogged arteries, and stroke. There is not a full-blown discovery however for this fact but the little that we know it is better if we do not take dental health lightly.
Complications during pregnancy and childbirth: Oral diseases can lead to premature birth and low birth weight. If you do not follow a healthy routine, your baby might be at risk.
Pneumonia: Bacteria from your mouth can enter your lungs and cause pneumonia and other respiratory illnesses.
The above diseases are just a glimpse of what unhealthy teeth can cause harm to your overall well-being. There can be many health issues if you ignore your oral health.
Follow proper daily dental regimen
To keep oral health in check it is mandatory to follow a routine. Follow these steps for best results.
- Brush your teeth twice a day, once in the morning and once before going to bed.
- Floss your teeth at least once a day.
- Clean your tongue with the back of your brush or for more effective results, use tongue cleaner.
- Use mouthwash to clean your teeth, gum, fight bad breath and keep your teeth healthy.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Eat green leafy vegetables.
- Change your toothbrush once every two months.
- And finally, use good oral care products.
You can get all the products you require for your dental oral care at Purexa. Purexa is a home for the best dental care products that are presented to you directly by expert doctors. You can buy the following oral health care products which are also customized according to a person’s need.
- Bamboo charcoal toothbrushes are both soft-bristled and eco-friendly.
- Probiotic toothpaste filled with the goodness of probiotics. This is India’s first very own probiotic toothpaste.
- Sensitive toothpaste filled with herbal goodness and can efficiently treat teeth sensitivity.
- Peroxide mouthrinse for dental pre-procedural rinse.
- Antioxidant mouthrinse for “oxidative stress”.
- Healthy gum toothpaste to reduce gum bleeding and keep gums healthy.
- Advanced ulcer gel for mouth ulcers.
- Herbal gum astringent can be used for gingivitis.
“For there was never yet a philosopher that could endure the toothache patiently.” — William Shakespeare,
Food for thought.