Mouth ulcers as you know are sores that can occur in your mouth, lips, tongues. It can usually heal on its own in 3-4 days but there might be times when it is not healed and occurs again and again. In that case, you will need to find the root cause of the ulcers. Consult your doctor if such instances arise because if not treated it might lead to other health issues. Also, make sure to add a fast ad effective ulcer gel to your emergency kit. Buy Purexa advanced ulcer gel from our online store that has been dubbed the best ointment for mouth ulcers in India. You can also purchase it from Amazon or Flipkart.
The underlying reasons that can initiate these lesions are abundant. But to name a few, consider the following to prevent it from happening.
- The body’s deficiency of critical vitamins and minerals (B12, zinc, iron, and folate).
- In response to the presence of bacteria in the mouth.
- Foods containing acids, such as lemon, pineapple, strawberries, or any other acidic food, can cause sensitivity.
- Gluten intolerance can lead to the development of mouth ulcers.
- Ulcers can be caused by toothpaste or mouthwash containing sodium lauryl sulfate.
In this blog, I am listing some home remedies for mouth ulcers that you can use in case of emergency. These however are not thoroughly researched, therefore be careful while using them. If you have an ointment for a mouth ulcer, use that instead. This advanced ulcer gel by Purexa is clinically tested and is a fast and effective ulcer gel. I suggest you include this in your first aid kit since it will come very handy whenever you have canker sores in your mouth.
Here is the list
- Honey: We all know the health benefits that honey can provide. We use honey on a regular basis. It can heal wounds and cuts. It has antifungal and antibacterial properties. Due to its many benefits, it can also be used to treat oral ulcers. Apply honey on the ulcers and leave it on for a few minutes. Because the ulcers are in the mouth, you may inadvertently absorb the honey that has been applied along with your saliva. It is, however, critical that you continue to apply honey to the ulcer sites every few hours.
- Baking soda: Baking soda can also treat mouth ulcers, as it can significantly reduce pain. Baking soda neutralizes the acid produced by the ulcer, so resolving the problem. Combine equal parts baking soda and water in a mixing bowl. To make a thick paste, combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Apply this mixture to the ulcer in your mouth and let it dry. Rinse your mouth with water and gargle when the mixture has dried. Three times a day is recommended.
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is used for a variety of purposes in every household. When it comes to mouth ulcers, however, few people are aware of the restorative benefits coconut oil can provide. Simply apply a small amount of coconut oil to the ulcer’s surface and leave it alone. It can also be used before going to bed at night. Coconut oil, like honey, has antibacterial qualities that aid in naturally decreasing ulcers. The same substance can be used to treat mouth ulcers as an anti-inflammatory and analgesic. The oil can help to relieve the pain associated with oral ulcers.
- Saltwater: Salt also has antibacterial effects, therefore can heal mouth ulcers. In a glass of lukewarm water, dissolve a spoonful of salt. Using this liquid, gargle deeply. After that, gargle with plain water to get rid of the salty taste in your mouth. You can relieve some of the pain and discomfort associated with a mouth ulcer by using this method.
- Clove oil: Before applying the clove oil, remember to rinse your mouth with warm water. Take a little piece of cotton and apply the oil straight to the ulcer if you have a mouth ulcer. Wait until the oil has been absorbed by the ulcer tissue. This will help to clear the ulcer’s surface. Clove includes eugenol, which has antibacterial characteristics and can aid with a variety of oral problems. The application of this oil can also help with pain and inflammation.
- Turmeric Powder: Turmeric is an antimicrobial that may be found in nearly every Indian food. Turmeric, in addition to preventing infections, is also beneficial in reducing the inflammation and pain associated with mouth ulcers. Antimicrobial characteristics are also included in the product. Using a pinch of turmeric powder and a little water, make a paste. Apply this paste to the ulcers morning and evening until it is healed. Allow it to sit for a few minutes before thoroughly rinsing it off.
I hope this list will help you the next time you have mouth ulcers. If the pain persists, you can consult our doctors at Purexa who are highly experienced and reputed professionals. They will help you find the root cause of the mouth ulcer if not cured by using these home remedies and the ointment for mouth ulcers.
If you have never heard of Purexa, it is a brand dedicated to providing the best dental solutions, and it was created with the vision of a country free of dental problems. Since its inception, it has acquired a sizable following and is currently one of India’s most popular online stores for purchasing oral health products. Our mission is to raise public awareness about dental disorders and the dangers they pose to our health. Visit our online store to know more about us and our products.