Brushing teeth before bed is not always in our minds. The bed calls instantly when we return from a long day of work. Brushing teeth before bed seems a very tiresome work therefore we always find an excuse not to do it. Our mind continually says, “from next day onwards for sure”. This explains why almost everyone has skipped cleaning their teeth at night at least once. Do you agree?
But believe me, brush your teeth at least twice a day, every day, no matter what. Also, let me add a quick tip, use our bamboo charcoal toothbrush.
Reasons why we should brush twice a day
Since we are discussing the importance of brushing, let me first add this important point. Replace your toothbrush every three months, or sooner if the bristles get frayed. . Frayed toothbrushes are not effective for your teeth, because they will not remove the food stains or particles efficiently. You should also use a soft-bristled toothbrush since a hard toothbrush can damage your teeth and gums. You can consider choosing our bamboo charcoal toothbrush, which is both eco-friendly and soft-bristled. Whilst contributing to your oral health, you will also invest in achieving a green nature.
Now, let’s look at the reasons why brushing twice daily is important
- Your mouth is full of bacteria, regardless of how good your oral hygiene practice is. When bacteria aren’t constantly eliminated from the mouth with twice-daily teeth brushing sessions, they begin to build up in the mouth, where they might cause major problems.
- Because our mouths create less saliva at night than they do during the day, removing harmful bacteria at night is extremely crucial. Saliva normally helps to wash away some of the bacteria in our mouths, but it isn’t as efficient at night. Therefore, even if you have brushed your teeth in the morning remember to repeat it before going to bed. This way you will not wake with bad breath in the morning.
- Bacteria normally feed on food particles left on our teeth which releases extremely acidic substances causing tooth enamel damage. If you don’t brush your teeth twice a day, the enamel on your teeth will deteriorate over time. This can lead to a variety of oral health problems, the most serious of which is an increased risk of cavities and gum disease.
- Morning breath is something that almost everyone has experienced at some point in our lives. This happens because plaque-causing bacteria in your mouth multiply as you sleep, leaving you with a foul taste and odor when you wake up. Brushing your teeth as soon as you wake up and before going to bed helps to remove the harmful plaque and bacteria from your teeth.
The true technique to brush your teeth
- Maintain a 45-degree angle with the brush.
- Brush your teeth in a back-and-forth motion until the outer surfaces are clean.
- Hold the toothbrush vertically and move it up and down to clean the inside surfaces of the front teeth.
- Brush your tongue regularly to remove bacteria and avoid bad breath.
- Replace your toothbrush every three months, or sooner if the bristles get frayed.
- Use a fluoride toothpaste with the proper amount of fluoride.
- Floss at least once a day.
- Use mouthwash.
Additional Dental Health Recommendations
Brushing your teeth isn’t the only way to keep your teeth healthy. Consider the following scenario to take care of your teeth:
- Flossing regularly can help loosen particles of food stuck between your teeth and reduce bacterial growth.
- Drinking extra water keeps your gums moist and removes food debris from your teeth.
- Limit your sugar content. It is advantageous to oral health.
- Using a fluoride mouthwash can help prevent cavities: check our antioxidant mouthrinse.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush (bamboo charcoal toothbrush).
The punch line
Brush your teeth twice daily no matter how exhausted you are. If you are prone to making sleep as your excuse, brush your teeth earlier in the evening, brushing your teeth doesn’t have to be the last thing you do at night; what matters is that you do it twice in 24 hours. Although, yes, it is advised to do it before bed. Brushing teeth twice a day is the most effective technique to keep oral bacteria under control while sleeping and prevent them from raising a ruckus in your mouth. Not to forget, in case you are having extreme pain, consult your doctor immediately. Regarding, your toothbrush, use the one from our brand which you will find the best bamboo charcoal toothbrush in India.